Saturday, September 20, 2008

5 or 10 Year Plan!

So Alex (my fellow PE collegue) and I had an epiphany of what we want to do down the road in our program. We read an article about what other programs are doing and had the "Why can't we do that" thought. So, we spent all of our lunch duty scheming and talking about what, how, and when we were going to change the whole thing around. Then, we started brainstorming and writing lists upon lists down: "Who to talk to," "What equipment we need," etc. Well, we first need to talk to our principal and see if he has any suggestions. I know our guidance department is a must to have on the team, so we already checked with him and he's on board (naturally, because he is a former PE teacher. . .in fact mine at a different high school and my coach!).

I don't know, I'm extremely excited about the process. I absolutely know and realize how much work it'll be and I think there will be a ton of hurdles to climb. But, in the end, it'll be worth it because we'll have an amazing program. Well, in theory we will and this will all happen. So, if anyone has any ideas or information or tips on ANYTHING or where to begin, that'd be fantastic!

No comments: