Sunday, October 19, 2008
Proper Attire
So finally the fall weather is upon us and no matter how much I preach about bringing the proper clothing to class, I still get the student that is cold. I even tell them to bring a jacket, borrow a hoodie, or knit a scarf before coming to class because we ARE going outside regardless. I could understand if I taught elementary or even middle school (sort of) that they might not understand how to dress themselves accordingly. However, I teach high school and I have issues with students not being able to plan ahead or figure the weather out. Heck! just step outside! Anyone else find that students are sometimes incapable of bringing warmer clothes to class? Oh, and one of my favorites is when they tell me they're cold, so they're going to sit out of class. And, no matter how much I try to convince them that sitting out will only make them colder, they assure me I'm wrong. :) I do believe that's why I have found some gray hairs lately. Even though I voice my frustrations. . .I still love me job, let us not forget this fact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment