Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally!

Alrighty then, we finally got to play an actual GAME of football. I realize that it seems I've been on this unit for awhile, but with the random 2-hour delay we had (church fire down the street) and so many other school day disruptions, our unit lasted longer than I wanted it to last. So, finally we are done with the football unit. My first period did the best with the actual playing. It was awesome though! We used flag belts and to see the girls running plays and playing defense and being successful with it was awesome! Some of the girls asked why we went over all this stuff for 2 days of actually playing. But, we had a team practice in there so the girls could get used to running the different passing routes and using the terminology to help them remember and make the game play more exciting. I replied to them with the question: "Do you think if we just jumped right into playing football, it would be as fun or would it be confusing and boring?" To which they replied (shockingly I might add), "Oh, I guess you're right. It would have been annoying if people didn't know where they were going."

So, even though it took longer than I wanted it to, the days of team competition was a blast! Woot. Woo.t :)

No comments: